Monday, May 10, 2010

Flora and Fauna















































I took these pictures in three different locations. First of all, let me just say that it is extremely difficult to take a picture of an animal unless its tied up. Birds fly away from me, dogs will not come to me, and ducks will only come if I tempt them with bread.

These images aren't edited or cropped. I tried my best to get close to the dog but he wouldn't look at the camera. I used the macro mode to take the shot of the leafy bud.

Photo Info:
1. Stray - 5/10/10, 7:40 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/3.5, Canon Power Shot SD400
2. Duck - 5/10/10, 8:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/4.9, Canon Power Shot SD400
3. Leafy Bud - 5/10/10, 8:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, Canon Power Shot SD400

4 comments:

  1. Way to get up close, that really helps bring the subject in. I would suggest doing some level adjustments to maybe add a little contrast to each of the photos though, just to make them stand out a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the depth of field on the leafy shot. I particularly like the fact that the thing closest to you is not in focus. This makes this a really interesting shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the picture of the duck. He looks content and not disturbed at all. I like how you left room in front of him. And I had trouble trying to take pictures of animals too! They wouldn't stay put!

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go on finding a duck he looks really cool in his brown feathers. have you ever seen a blue duck? that would be cool!!

    ReplyDelete