Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Reverse Shallow Depth




I had a hard time taking reverse shallow depth. A lot of the pictures I took had both the foreground and background in focus. I'm happy with how this picture turned out because I was able to get the background out of focus. I also like the detail shown in the wood and rusty nail. I used the macro option and then focused on the nail to get the background out of focus. Then for the second picture, I focused on something else far away and then moved the camera to point at the cabin and nail. This brought the background into focus and the foreground out of focus. 

Photo Info:
1. Nail & Cabin - 5/21/10, 2:00 p.m., Bannack Ghost Town, f/2.7, Shutter Speed 1/500
2. Nail & Cabin - 5/21/10, 2:00 p.m., Bannack Ghost Town, f/2.7, Shutter Speed 1/800

No comments:

Post a Comment