Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Edge and Border Effects















Photo Edits:
1. I bumped up the saturation of the original photo and then I added a sprayed edge effect to the image. I chose a white background because no colors in the photo really stood out to me. I also used the maximum settings for the spray radius. 
2. I added a sprayed edge effect to this photo and used the eye dropper tool to pull the green out of her shorts and make it the color of the border. I also added her name in a cute font at the bottom corner. 
3. I added a brushed-on effect to this photo and used several different brushes to create this border. I enlarged the canvas size as well. I also used an artistic filter on the original image. 
4. There are no edits done to this image. 


Photo Info:
1. Water Tower - 6/2/10, 6:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/9.0, 1/200, Canon PowerShot
2. Kylie Mei - 4/15/10, 6:00 p.m., Broken Bow, Oklahoma, f/2.8, 1/60, Canon PowerShot
3. Sheila - 5/15/10, 8:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/640, Canon PowerShot
4. Slide - 6/5/10, 9:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/30, Canon PowerShot

3 comments:

  1. I like your borders! The white border on the water tower really adds contrast to the picture. I like how you also added text to the second one. They all look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one its border is perfect and it has a very soft but focused effect and fill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the picture with the little girl. She is adorable and I think the color of the border works really well. I also like the brushed effect you used on Shelia. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete