Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Editing Portraits




















Photo Edits:
For the first picture, I followed the portrait enhancement tutorial and used some of their tricks. I fixed her skin and used a gaussian blur to clear her skin up a bit. I also added some saturation to her lips and lightened her eye color to a lighter brown. I also added some saturation in the background of the photo. I also brightened the whole picture a bit. 

For the second picture, I used the match color tool. I took the original image and matched the colors to the next picture. The third picture is the final image with the best lighting and skin tone. 

For the third final edited picture, I used the color replacement tool. I thought this was the coolest thing to use. I made several layers on the original picture. I selected the blue in Michael's sweatshirt and then changed it to purple. This also changed the color of their jeans a little which I really liked. On a separate layer, I selected the gray of her sweatshirt and changed it to yellow. I really like the effect this created. 

Photo Info:
1. Sheila Parkbench - 06/1/10, 7:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/400, Canon PowerShot
2. Sheila and Michael - 06/1/10, 7:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/640, Canon PowerShot
3. Sheila and Michael - 06/1/10, 7:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/3.2, 1/320, Canon PowerShot

3 comments:

  1. I really seem to like the photos on the bench. I have never thought of having people sit on the back of a bench before, but I really like it. I am going to have to try that sometime. Your color match seemed to work out really great for you too! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. Your color match photo at the end was my favorite. I like the vibrance. I like how your portraits didn't looks stiff and awkward. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how natural everyone looks in all of the portraits. You're just good with people like Miley and Lindsay ;)
    I would suggest getting a little closer though, I just feel like I can't really see their faces that well. It's something that makes a lot of people uncomfortable but I think in the end you'll love it.

    ReplyDelete