Monday, June 14, 2010

Night and Light









I did minor editing to the first three photos. I brightened the images and bumped up the saturation a little in all three. For the last picture, I edited it in camera raw. When I took this picture, me and my roommate bought some glow sticks and then broke them on a playground. I couldn't have much light in the photo otherwise the glow stick liquid wouldn't really glow like I wanted it to. I spun the merry-go-round causing the glow stick liquid to slide down and streak, then took my picture. It really didn't turn out like I wanted it to but I tried. It looked really cool in person. 

Photo Info:
1. Movie Theatre - 6/14/10, 11:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/8, Canon PowerShot
2. Main Street - 6/14/10, 11:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/8, Canon PowerShot
3. Lights - 6/14/10, 11:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/8, Canon PowerShot
4. Playground - 6/14/10, 10:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/8, Canon PowerShot

3 comments:

  1. My favorite is the one of main street. All the lights brought an element that makes me think of the 20's. The one of the glow sticks look pretty cool, even if it didn't turn out how you wanted it to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I light stick liquid turned out very nice i really liked it and it took some time to set up well done. way to put some time into your shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second picture a lot. It has a nice mysterious look. I also like the last picture. Your idea was awesome, I'm sorry it didn't turn out how you wanted.

    ReplyDelete