Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Photolusions








Photo Descriptions:
1. The first photo I took when we went on the field trip to Bannack. We found some gallows and Ryley decided to jump off and make it look like he was hanging. He stood on a stump and I focused my camera on him. Then he would jump in the air and I would take the picture while he was in mid-air. I took several shots of him doing this and I used another picture of this for a different post as an extra photograph. 
2. For this photolusion blend, I took a picture of my roommate Sheila posing on the ground looking behind her so it would look like she was looking down at the ground. Then I took a picture of a brick wall in the middle of Rexburg. I cut out Sheila using the quick selection tool. Then I sized down the picture of Sheila and then dragged it on top of the brick wall image. Then I added a luminosity adjustment layer to Sheila and took out the color in both the brick wall image and the sheila layer. I tried to make it look like Sheila was actually climbing the wall. I wasn't sure exactly how to go about doing this but I think it turned out all right. 

Photo Info:
1. Ryley - 5/21/10, 4:00 p.m., Bannack Ghost Town, f/4.0, 1/250, Sony DSC H7
2. Sheila - 6/22/10, 7:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/3.5, 1/320, Canon PowerShot
3. Brick Wall - 6/22/10, 7:00 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/3.5, 1/400, Canon PowerShot

5 comments:

  1. Your photolusions are really good. I like how you did the edit with the girl on the wall. Very good job capturing Riley at the Gallows. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the spider-girl lusion...very fun and awesome, I only wish she had her hand out like she was shooting a web! Also, got to love the bannack shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cool! The spider girl looks very realistic. The one of Ryley is really nice too, except that because his feet are are cropped slightly, it looks like he might be standing on something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Bannack shot. You guys looked like you were having a good time taking that one. Also great idea with the spider girl. I like that you made it black and white. I think it made it look more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah obviously you can't go back, but the ryley shot would be really good if the frame was wider top and bottom

    ReplyDelete