Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Portraits

















These are a few of the portraits I took of my friends Michael and Sheila. For the first picture of Michael, I desaturated the picture and then added more saturation to the yellow in his skateboard. For the second picture of me and Sheila, I used a tripod to get the shot. I also used the color replacement tool and replaced both of our sweatshirts with contrasting colors. I also bumped up the saturation in the sky. The last two pictures are not edited. 

Photo Info:
1. Michael Skating - 06/1/10, 7:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/6.3, 1/250, Canon PowerShot
2. Sheila and Bre - 06/1/10, 7:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/5.6, 1/320, Canon PowerShot
3. Michael - 06/1/10, 7:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/120, Canon PowerShot
4. Sheila - 06/1/10, 7:30 p.m., Rexburg, ID, f/2.8, 1/400, Canon PowerShot

3 comments:

  1. I really like the very last photo of the girl on the bench. It is composed really nicely and has great movement. She really looks like she is about to get off the bench, and is looking at something interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked these shots as well. The yellow skateboard looked sweet on the black and white background. Your sky also looked good with the saturation boosted up a bit. And your last photos were great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite would have to be Michael and his skateboard and how the yellow just pops when you desaturated the photo. It's also a great angle. Good job!

    ReplyDelete